Join Sheldrake virtually to learn about the natural world from home.
Why Try Sheldrake’s
Virtual Nature Programming?
For a virtual STEM experience, journey with Sheldrake through our online nature adventures, which will capture children’s imagination and stimulate their curiosity about the natural world. Together, we’ll learn about animal habitats, the impact of seasonal changes, and other fascinating facets of nature. This will be done via virtual visits to Sheldrake, hands-on projects, games, and lots of interactivity.
- Sheldrake’s virtual programs bring smiles and pique curiosity, connecting like-minded enthusiasts in a collegial setting.
- Programs are customizable for Scout badge quests, birthday celebrations, private study, school enrichment experiences, adult enrichment, and more.
- The Academy isn’t a ho-hum didactic format. Children help drive the agenda and report about their own nature discoveries throughout the week.
- Participants can join from anywhere, allowing friends and families share experiences from across the miles.
- Virtual programs aren’t weather-dependent
- Chauffeuring isn’t needed!
“[Young Naturalist Academy] surpassed my expectations. During a year of many educational losses, Sheldrake has been one very big gain for these remote learners.
We’ll continue to take the virtual naturalist programs for as long as they’re offered!”
“Many, many thanks to Sheldrake for providing a wonderful Virtual nature camp for our kids. I cannot praise Christina [the instructor] enough.
[She] was able to keep a small group of energetic and nature loving kids enthralled for one entire hour using the very difficult medium of a virtual classroom. She is bursting with positivity and along with her incredible patience with the kids, I believe they all felt valued and appreciated.
Cristina has an incredible knowledge of the natural world, and her weekly topics and classes were perfectly designed for our group. [My child] learned so much more about animals and their habitats by attending these classes – thank you!… and we had a lot of fun.
I highly recommend this academy. Sheldrake does a great job of bringing the virtual experience to life whilst teaching the kids about animals and the natural world.”
“It was fun and interesting for [my son]
with the right amount of ‘free play’ to keep him interested.”
Upcoming Virtual Programming
Whether you’re an adult interested in climate justice or your child seeks online activities, join Sheldrake virtually for these upcoming programs (or contact us to request your own!).
To request a virtual program,
please complete our Custom Programming request.