Without your participation and support, Sheldrake cannot fulfill its commitment to help families learn about and protect the significant natural resources here.
The annual cost to provide our breadth of programming is over $100,000. Your donation will have an immediate impact, felt by people in your local community as we continue to provide visitors a nature sanctuary and interactive STEM programming. Our grounds remain free to the public, offering a tranquil destination for recreation, quiet contemplation, and nature discovery. We’re proud to deliver meaningful connection with nature or fun escape for families. As a small, non-profit organization, we depend on fundraising and program fees for nearly 90% of our financial resources.
It’s the support of friends like you that allows us to continue being a vibrant educational resource for the local communities of lower Westchester and to keep maintain this treasured resource for years to come.
Quick facts about what we have done lately…
- We have taught over 2,000 hours of nature education, delivering more than 450 classes.
- We offer free nature and STEM education programs for families throughout the year.
- We introduced hundreds of pre-school and elementary-school children to the natural world through our classes and camps.
- We’ve launched an ongoing Meadow Restoration Project.
- We revitalized the Community Garden to provide learning opportunities for children and produce to community members in need.
- We have hosted Scout troops from various Westchester towns to help these good-doers earn their badges in nature.
- We have expanded our offerings of mindful outdoor experiences to include year-round weekly programs and our new Drawing in Meditations initiative.
- We expanded our bilingual nature education to provide more learning opportunities.
- A team of 20 naturalists and our Director of Education deliver all of our programs. Your support enables these knowledgeable naturalists to continue to be a resource for the community and local area school children.