For the safety of visitors and wildlife, please remember the following:
- Dogs must be on a leash
- No smoking
- No alchohol
- No littering
- No fires or barbecues
- No camping, skiing, ice skating, swimming, bicycling, or motorized vehicles
- No collecting plants, animals, or other natural objects
For the protection of wildlife, please follow these rules when fishing at Sheldrake.
- Fishing at Sheldrake is catch and release.
- All participants 16 years of age and older must have a valid NY fishing license and abide by all DEC regulations found here.
- A maximum of 25 individuals may fish at any given time.
- As there is concern over the spread of invasive earth worms and the spread of disease by baitfish, only artificial lures may be used.
- No boats are allowed.
- Discarded fishing line can harm wildlife.
- Do not leave fishing line tangled in trees,
in the pond, or laying on the ground. All fishing line must be discarded in a garbage bin at the end of the trail or carried out.
- Dispose of all trash in garbage bins at the end of the trail.
Dawn until Dusk. Daily